Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. provides this Privacy Statement to make you aware of our privacy practices, and of the choices you can make about the way your personal and company information is collected and used by Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
At Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
- Public telephone directories, where subscriber can refuse to be listed
- Professional and business directories available to the public
- Certain public registries and court records
- Certain other publicly printed and electronic publications
- Business card information
Our Commitment to Your Privacy is governed by the following Privacy Principles:
STRICTLY BETWEEN US
- We let you know why we collect your personal information
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
- We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply
- a customer relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you (e.g. to have your order shipped to you via a third party courier)
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. To change your preferences, refer to the "Strictly Between Us" section below.
- We limit collection of your personal information
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally to manage our relationship with you
- Processing and keeping track of orders, transactions and reporting back to you
- Protecting you and us against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Recommending products and services that Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements.
- We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to assist in the process of offering you a Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. product or service. If your personal information is shared with Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. Partners, these Partners are bound by appropriate agreements with Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
- We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. To access your personal information, refer to the "Strictly Between Us" section below.
- The security of your personal information is a priority for Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc.
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers,
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals,
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
- We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our policy and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available at all times on our web site, or on request. To contact us, refer to the "Strictly Between Us" section below.
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
What to do if you have a complaint or concern about privacy with Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc.
We are committed to setting the highest customer service standards in the automotive products industry. We hope you will give us the opportunity to correct any situation that does not meet your expectations.
If you have any concerns about privacy and confidentiality, we want to know about them. All inquiries or concerns relating to personal information will receive prompt attention and be acknowledged as soon as possible.
At Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc., we respect your privacy and are committed to keeping personal information about you strictly between us. Write. Call. Or visit www.co-auto.com. Keep in touch and let us know what's on your mind. We're always ready to help you.
Privacy Office -
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. Ltd.
441 Hanlan Road
Woodbridge, ON, L4L 3T1
Phone: (905) 264-7022 ext. 4229
ANSWERING CUSTOMERS QUESTIONS ABOUT PRIVACY ON WWW.CO-AUTO.COM
What does Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. collect?
Through the use of "cookies" our site's operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit. A cookie is a piece of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. That allows us, on your next visit, to tailor information to suit your individual preferences.
The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit and to measure Web site activity. Cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Browsers such as Netscape allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
The information that is collected is information such as:
How does Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. use information it has collected
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as "company.com" or "service.ca" and the IP address of the computer accessing the Web site, such as "ppp-55"
- The type of browser (such as "Netscape version x" or "Internet Explorer version x") you are using.
- The type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows)
- The date and time you visit our site and the Web pages that you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous Web site you were visiting, if you linked to us from another Web site.
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. uses collected information to better understand your needs and provide you with the highest quality service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on services and benefits, and to personalize our web site for you.
Co-Auto Co-Operative Inc. reserves the right to cooperate fully with local, provincial, or federal law enforcement officials in any investigation relating to any interaction by you with co-auto.com or purported unlawful activities that may involve your interaction with co-auto.com.
What about spam?
Periodically we may use e-mail as a way to keep in touch with our existing customers and other interested individuals. However, we do not send "spam" (unsolicited marketing e-mail). If you agree to receive e-mail communications from us, every e-mail message we send to you will include an e-mail address to which you may respond in order to remove your name and email address from our list. We will do the same with your mailing address and telephone number, on request.
When you leave our site
This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for our Web site. However, our site contains links to other sites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. We encourage you to read the privacy policies and statements of all Web sites you visit, especially if you share any personal information.